Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 7 Assignment


I will be teaching physical education and I never have thought about using blogs or wikis in the classroom. After doing these assignments and learning a lot about wikis and blogs, I have came to the conclusion that I could use either of these in my classroom for an assignment or possibly for an extra credit opportunity.  A good example of this would be to have the blog about a certain sport we are going over and have the students post questions that they may have about it which would allow me to see how much my students know about the sport.

I think that social bookmarking is an excellent way to mark a web page that you might find interesting and helpful for you as a teacher. It would be helpful to a teacher so that they can find the web page that they liked because of their lesson plans on it. It can really get old searching for that website that you liked but didn’t mark. Students could use it by bookmarking a certain site that they find useful information on that they want to remember. I would be interested in making creating a voicethread if I were to teach health because it would be a great way to show students the effects of drugs, alcohol misuse, and hypokinetic diseases.

Tapped in is a useful online source for teachers and is known as “the online workplace of an international community of education professionals” (Jonassen).  I think that it is a wonderful way for teachers to learn, collaborate, share, and support one another.  I will probably use this resource in the future to get helpful strategies for teaching a high school physical education class.

REFERENCES:
Jonassen, David, Howland Jane, Marra M. Rose, Crismond, David. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Third Edition

Retrieved October 14, 2010, from http://tappedin.org/tappedin/

Retrieved October 14, 2010, from http://voicethread.com/about/features/

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog as I felt like there were many similarities between your conclusions and mine. I too had never really thought about using wikis or blogs in the classroom, but after reading the chapter and the lecture for the week, I realized how much I think they can supplement almost all lessons in the classroom.

    I think overall this class has provided a great deal of information that I would not have previously even considered for my classroom.

    ReplyDelete